Digital transformation is a hot topic in enterprises these days, and like any such topic it’s associated with a wide range of use, overuse, and misuse. But the phrase does get at something that we can all sense is really going on, a truly profound change. As different businesses undergo or undertake variants of digital transformation, we see a number of common characteristics of the more digital world:
- More things happen (or are expected to happen) in real time
- More different sources and kinds of data are brought together
- Activities are more decentralized and ad hoc
- There is a broadening of participation in both the building and the use of I.T.
- There is a shift from analysis and planning to trial-and-error experimentation
Each of those ideas deserves elaboration–topics for future blogs–but going for the moment with whatever came to mind for those bullets as a rough characterization of digital transformation, let’s explore the interplay of architecture, process, and platform in helping enterprises compete and succeed in this emerging digital world. Continue reading “Architecture, Process, Platform”
Continue reading “Architecture, Process, Platform”